- Currently employed as a full-time peace officer in a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) certified law enforcement agency with two years of continuous paid peace officer experience at the time of filing application.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Graduation from a U.S. high school or evidence of equivalent U.S. high school proficiency or higher. Evidence of equivalent high school proficiency includes having successfully passed the GED, TASC, HiSET, or CHSPE.
- Valid Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced P.O.S.T. certificate(s) from the California Commission on P.O.S.T or a Certificate of Completion from a California P.O.S.T-Certified Basic Training Academy at the time of filing.
- Valid California class “C” driver license at the time of filing.
- Applicants cannot have any felony convictions or be on probation; misdemeanors may be disqualifying, depending on the number, type of violation, and date of the violation.
- Good general physical condition.
- 20/70 uncorrected vision, corrected to at least 20/30.
What are the selection requirements for Deputy Sheriff – Lateral (DS-Lateral)?
Bookmark the permalink.