- 19 ½ years of age at the time of filing and 20 years of age at the time of hire.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Graduation from a U.S. high school or evidence of equivalent U.S. high school proficiency or higher. Evidence of equivalent high school proficiency includes having successfully passed the GED, TASC, HiSET, or CHSPE.
- Valid California class “C” driver license or higher at the time of filing. Out-of-State applicants must have a valid driver license from the state in which they reside at the time of filing and will be required to obtain a California class “C” or above driver license, prior to hire.
- Applicants cannot have any felony convictions nor be on probation; misdemeanors may be disqualifying, depending on the number, type of violation, and date of the violation.
- Good general physical condition.
- 20/70 uncorrected vision, corrected to at least 20/30.
What are the selection requirements for Deputy Sheriff Trainee (DST)?
Bookmark the permalink.